Samaschool, a program of the global nonprofit, Samasource, equips low-income individuals to find and perform digital economy work, enabling them to access previously unattainable job opportunities. We are at the forefront of the future of work, leveraging technology to connect low-income and unemployed individuals to on-demand and gig economy work as a means of re-entering the workforce and building a career.
Samaschool has been named one of the “13 most innovative schools in the world” by Business Insider and recognized in TechCrunch, Stanford Social Innovation Review, Wired, and Fast Company.
Samaschool offers its program through a partnership model. In this arrangement, community and workforce development organizations incorporate Samaschool’s training into their programs to provide beneficiaries with the full range of skills and knowledge required to navigate and be successful in the rapidly evolving digital workplace.
Samaschool is looking for a dynamic individual to lead its New York City partnership development and management efforts. This role will be responsible for managing the recruitment, vetting, and onboarding of programmatic partners. This individual will also oversee delivery of training, and represent Samaschool to a variety of stakeholders in New York City.
The Director of Partnerships enjoys ambiguity and has the skillfulness to identify high-potential partner organizations, and work closely with these organizations to make fundamental changes to their operating models. This individual should also have experience institutionalizing and scaling best practices, and be fully versed on the gig economy. He/she is a collaborative, forward thinking, and solutions-oriented individual.
This person will be based in New York City and report to Samaschool’s Managing Director, based in San Francisco.
- Identify, engage, and assess ideal partner organizations.
- Establish and cultivate effective communications and close working relationships between Samaschool and partner organizations.
- Earn buy-in for Samaschool’s training across all levels of partner staff, and move partners towards adopting Samaschool into their programming.
- Manage and prioritize multiple streams of work across partners.
- Document and share best practices in partnership development and program implementation.
- Support collateral development for multiple audiences, including trainees and partner leadership and staff.
- Conduct partner staff orientation, lead one-on-one follow-up with key staff members, and develop tools and resources to support staff members.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve alongside partner organizations and institutionalize learnings.
- Support Impact Manager in developing coordinated partner data collection and evaluation processes.
- Network and engage with stakeholders in New York City, including government agencies, funders, and community organizations, to develop awareness of our program and cultivate new leads.
- Monitor and evaluate Samaschool trainings and ensure quality standards are adhered to.
- Manage instructional staff, providing feedback and guidance to meet key program outcomes.
- Support Samaschool team in developing curriculum and making instructional design recommendations.
- Support and/or lead instruction as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience in workforce development, community organization, or nonprofit consulting role. In-depth knowledge of nonprofit operations required.
- Familiarity with the New York workforce development landscape.
- Proven record of developing successful partnerships.
- Experience working with diverse populations. Teaching and/or counseling experience with low-income populations is a major plus.
- Prior experience building great teams.
- Strong public speaker.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated interest in issues that support low-income populations.
- Self-starter that maintains a positive outlook and motivation to continually drive things forward. Comfortable working and contributing independently and as a team player.
- Excels and thrives in fast paced, high pressure, or ambiguous environments/situations.
- Outgoing personality and great sense of humor a plus - we’re a fun group!