Samasource is a leading social enterprise that conducts digital skills training and employs low-income communities in computer-based work. Since 2008, we've enabled 30,000 people globally to lift themselves out of poverty by sourcing data projects from some of the world's largest companies, including Google, Glassdoor, and Microsoft.
As an member of the Samasource team, the project coordinator intern will:
Internship will require customer focus and frequent internal customer contact, data analysis skills (Excel reporting skills) to analyze project KPIs, and attention to detail when creating or improving existing project documentation/reports. An interest in both project management principles and a desire to intern for a social enterprise is a plus!
3+ month internship, 20-25 hours per week. Willing to extend if performance is high. Opportunity to convert to contract or full time post graduation. Preference for a December 2017 graduate who can intern this summer or sooner.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project/Project Management or related field
• Must be able to participate in an internship prior to completing degree program
• Due to government program requirements, must be a US citizen only
• Proficiency in Google App suite or MS Office (Excel, Power Point and Word)
• Data Analysis
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with great communication skills and professionalism
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to create a sense of buy-in among team members
• Adapt well to a changing environment
• Ability to work multi-tasks, tenacious, and possess excellent problem solving skills
• Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented
• Experience and passion for making a social impact
Mission District, San Francisco, though Working from Home is an option after a trial period.
This is a volunteer position