Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision--to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Samasource is launching its first owned and operated impact sourcing center in India. Samasource is seeking a seasoned leader with both entrepreneurial and BPO Services experience to oversee the successful launch and operation of the Center. This person will be responsible for set-up, including recruiting a team, developing operating processes, setting the strategic objectives, and building a growth plan to achieve financial and impact targets. The Center will operate as a double bottom-line business with accountability for achieving financial growth and sustainability as well as livelihood outcomes of its agent base. The Director is responsible for the daily oversight of the facility and leading a team of Support and Operations Managers charged with achieving client deliverables.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit along with significant experience in BPO Services management and has been actively involved in the design of new facility operating plans.
- Launch the Center by ensuring build-out meets BPO requirements; determining organizational structure; recruiting a high-caliber team; setting strategic plans and performance targets; and developing operational plans.
- Develop high-caliber team by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, and coaching employees; effectively communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review direct report performance; plan and review compensation.
- Determine Center strategic focus, including evolution of work verticals; alignment of training with worker skill levels; ROI analysis on pursuing ISO or other certifications; and positioning of the Center relative to competitive landscape.
- Monitor and evaluate performance based upon financial, operational, and impact KPIs.
- Be a regular presence on the production floor and actively interact with managers, supervisors and agents to ensure productive engagement and proper functioning of systems.
- Manage functional direct and dotted-line areas, including human resources, training, quality, technology, facilities and security to ensure that local expectations are clear and deliverables are met.
- Meet Center financial and impact targets by supporting the preparation of annual budgets; forecasting expenditures; taking ownership of variances; and complying with Samasource recruitment and compensation practices.
- Test and refine new operational strategies that support efficiency, scale, and best-in-class BPO processes and share learnings with key Samasource stakeholders.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in data Center management; actively engaging in and participating in the Mumbai ICT community.
- Ensure alignment and execution of agent training with business needs, including providing ongoing feedback to Samaschool on baseline training requirements; integrating Samaschool training tracks into agent workforce development plans; and working with operations to develop and tracking worker skill-sets and skill levels in order to execute sales pipeline.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Along with overseeing Center operations, the role will closely work with sales and pre sales to close business and support large bids in India.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Operations or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of seven years of experience in BPO management
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across an enterprise toward mutual success
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Capability and flexibility to meet demands and change drivers
- Experience in BPO management, including strategic design, organizational management, and workforce development.
- Proven experience of managing an organization and influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success.
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal.
- A good understanding of start-up and change management.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills. This role is responsible for driving the design and implementation of Samasource’s owned and operated Impact Sourcing Center. Strong facilitation and communication skills are required to ensure that the model we design is the optimum one and execution is seamless.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret and identify opportunities from business financials and impact metrics.